Thursday, September 10, 2009

Organisational Awareness

Today I conducted a Review Test on System Reliability at Phoenix Yule. My idea was to test the participants on their understanding of the concepts, which might be realized from their individual scores. That is what I thought.

But the participants did something more intelligent than that. They put down all the scores (question wise) for all participants on an Excel worksheet and tried to look for some emerging patterns.

And soon they found many. I was simply amazed by the way they critically and openly examined their own shortcomings and organizational loopholes. They realised all by themselves that they and the organisation as a whole did not realize that keen and good quality observation was the key to solve 80 % of their problems.

They didn't stop at that. They then went forward to create a simple plan (I am a great believer of simple plans) to take care of their problems.

The lesson I learnt was that a group of eager and empowered people would go to any extent to make them and their organisation successful.

The other important lesson I took to heart is to freely part with your knowledge but not to thrust your ideas upon others. Only then people feel empowered and act on their new found knowledge.

Goodbye for now!

No comments: